We have teamed up with Patient Plan to provide a dental healthcare plan for our patients. It is a monthly payment scheme created to help you. It combines cover for regular examinations, hygiene visits and x-rays plus the extra benefit and reassurance of insurance for accident and emergency cover. Patient Plan is the UK's leading provider of preventive dental care programmes, with over 1.8 million patients registered. Shelton and Blurton Dental Centres, with the support of Patient Plan, are in the best position to help you monitor good oral health through the Patient Plan programme.
Spread the costs of your regular dental care with predictable monthly payments
Ensuring your dental health has never been so easy. With Patient Plan the cost of your examinations, monitoring X-rays ,restorative and hygiene care is evenly spread throughout the year in affordable monthly payments.
Preventive care for a healthier mouth
As a Patient Plan patient you can also look forward to better long-term oral health because you can attend the dentist on a regular basis to help you prevent problems before they occur.
Regular examinations make good sense
The regular care you receive as a Patient Plan patient helps ensure that any treatment needs are identified in good time. Your dentist will advise you of any treatments you need - such as fillings, crowns or cosmetic work - and the additional costs involved.
Emergency care when away from your own dentist
If you ever need dental treatment in a hurry – at any time of the day or night – help is at hand with the mandatory Supplementary Insurance arranged by Patient Plan on your behalf. This accident and emergency cover is included when you become a Patient Plan patient, giving you invaluable peace of mind whether you are away from home, away on business or on holiday abroad.
Emergency Helpline at your service
As part of Patient Plan’s Insurance Services you’ll also have access to PatientPlan’s 24 hour emergency helpline service which can help you find a dentist wherever you are in the world..
PatientPlan Level One offers you:
- Routine and preventive dental care (as specified in your contract)
- Dental examinations (up to the maximum detailed inyour contract)
- Scaling and polishing or other hygiene treatment (up to the maximum detailed in your contract)
- Preventive dental advice
PatientPlan Level Two covers the following:
- Routine metal fillings
- Endodontic treatment on front teeth
- Periodontal treatments(excluding surgical treatments)
PatientPlan Level Three covers the following:
- Clinically needed crowns
- Clinically needed veneers
- Clinically needed Dentures
As part of PatientPlan Essentials you receive Supplementary Insurance which includes:
- Dental accident cover
- Temporary emergency dental treatment in the UK
- Temporary emergency dental treatment when overseas
- Cash payment for every night spent in hospital under the care of a dental or oral/maxillo-facial surgeon for treatment to head and neck
- Payments for mouth cancer treatment costs for up to 18 months following a positive diagnosis.
Smokers are not excluded from this cover
Your Supplementary Insurance does not cover:
- Permanent treatment in a dental emergency
- Emergency treatment provided by your own dentist or a dentist/specialist acting on your dentist’s behalf
- Dental injuries caused whilst training for or participating in contact sports unless recommended mouth protection is worn
- Mouth cancer diagnosed before joining PatientPlan or within 90 days after the date you joined PatientPlan (or for which tests or consultations began within those 90 days)
Insurance Services provides:
- 24 hour worldwide emergency helpline
- Arrangement of Supplementary Insurance cover
- Assistance with any enquiries regarding your insurance policy
This is a summary of product benefits, exclusions and limitations. All benefits are assessed for eligibility against the terms and conditions of the product, available on request.