2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Mr. Simon King at our address 26 Stoke Road, Stoke-On-Trent, ST4 2QX.
3. By using the Website you consent to this policy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
4. We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to contact us regarding dental treatment or to make an appointment. We collect data about patients who use our services that is relevant to their healthcare and that allows Shelton Dental Centre to deliver its services to our patients. We process personal information about our patients, customers, suppliers and employees.
5. Collection of data:
The dental professionals caring for you keep records about your health and any treatment and care you receive from our practices. These records help to ensure that you receive the best possible care. They may be written down in paper records or held on computer. These records may include:
Basic details about you such as name, address, date of birth, next of kin, etc.
Contact we have had with you such as appointments.
Notes and reports about your health, treatment and care.
Results of x-rays.
Relevant information from people who care for you and know you well such as health professionals and relatives.
Financial information for payment of any treatments
It is essential that your details are accurate and up to date. Always check that your personal details are correct when you visit us and please inform us of any changes as soon as possible.
6. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
Use of your information
7. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
8. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you.
10. We may use your personal information to:
enable your use of the services available on the website;
send you general (non-marketing) communications;
send you email notifications;
provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing
11. Your records are used to direct, manage and deliver the care you receive to ensure that:
The dental professionals involved in your care have accurate and up to date information to assess your oral health and decide on the most appropriate care for you.
Healthcare professionals have the information they need to be able to assess and improve the quality and type of care you receive.
Your concerns can be properly investigated if a complaint is raised.
Appropriate information is available if you see another dental professional, or are referred to a specialist.
From time-to-time we may use your contact information to send you details of products and services offered in our practices that directly relate to your oral healthcare.
Disclosure of your information
12. Shelton Dental Centre may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Shelton Dental Centre or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Controlling the use of your data
13. If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
14. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party links
15. You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
17. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to email@example.com. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
18. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your date. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
19. We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Version: May 2018